Wernick & Associates, Ltd., helps businesses in information technology law, copyright, trademark, trade secret, licensing law, data privacy and cybersecurity.
This practice is broadly segmented into two areas: "Preventive" and "Remedial."
- Contract drafting and negotiating for various transactions involving business critical IT/IP and/or privacy matters.
- Evaluating intellectual capital assets.
- M&A due diligence (proactive and reactive).
- Prosecution and registration of intellectual property rights including copyrights and trademarks.
- Designing trade secrets policies, procedures, and compliance.
- IT/IP and privacy laws compliance and training.
- IT/IP, privacy law, and web site audits.
- Data privacy/cybersecurity legal risks mitigation.
- Dispute resolution through negotiations, alternative dispute resolutions such as mediation and arbitration.
- Litigation in the federal courts including the United States District Court, United States Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Representation of businesses that are victims of a data breach.
- Representation of businesses concerned about infringement or theft of intellectual capital (e.g., copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets).
- Representation of businesses considering (or unexpectedly involved in) breach of contracts disputes involving technology licensing and/or intellectual property rights.
- For more than 32 years Mr. Wernick has served as an Arbitrator, either as the sole arbitrator or as a member (often Chairman) of a three member arbitration panel, and as a mediator. The overwhelming majority of these cases involved complex user and vendor disputes regarding major computer system failures, information technology, licensing, or intellectual property disputes.