Alan S. Wernick
- Private practice for more than thirty years and a member of the bars of Illinois, New York, Ohio, and the District of Columbia. Admitted to practice in the Federal Courts: U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals: 6th and 7th Circuits; U.S. District Courts: Northern District of Illinois, Northern District of Ohio, and Southern District of Ohio.
- Both "big law firm" and in-house General Counsel experience in addition to a background in computer programming, accounting (auditing), and business.
- Representation of businesses in numerous transactions involving information technology law, intellectual property law (copyright, trademark, trade secrets, licensing), and data privacy/cybersecurity. This work includes negotiating and drafting various types of business agreements, compliance counselling, conducting due diligence related to IT and IP law.
- Representation of businesses which have had a data breach.
- An arbitrator and mediator of information technology and intellectual property disputes for more than thirty years.
- An advocate in the federal and state courts for client disputes concerning information technology and intellectual property.
- Professional activities include:
- A prolific author and presenter at public and private seminars discussing various topics evolving at the intersection of business, technology, and the law including:
- Author of more than 100 publications on a variety of topics, including articles on law, technology, privacy, and business.
- Publisher of the “ITIP Alert” a periodic e-mail newsletter with over 2000 subscribers.
- Lecturer at more than 100 public and private lectures for lawyers, business people, and undergraduate and graduate students.
More information can be found at Alan's LinkedIn profile.